Considering Malta’s strategic position in the Mediterranean, and the construction of the Freeport terminal at Marsaxlokk port to the South of the island, Malta offers superb facilities for transhipment operations. H. Mifsud Shipping Ltd has geared itself in offering this service in conjunction with Malta Freeport, to many large Shipping companies who want to ship their cargo to and from this part of the world.
We have the latest technology, personnel and capacity to enlarge the circle of transhipment clients to a larger dimension. Freeport terminal is ranked as one of the top three transhipment centres in the Mediterranean. Below we list out a few factors which placed the Malta Freeport with this ranking:
- 1.2 Kms of berthing space
- 11 Ship to shore cranes and necessary yard equipment
- Warehouse facilities and storage
- Oiltanking facilities including storage and oil blending
- Handling capacity. (Terminal 1 & 2 – 1 million Teu’s annually)