Discover our capabilities and network
It is a well known fact that Malta has developed quite a competent and proficient business in ship registration under the Maltese flag. Today Malta can boast of 3,500 vessels registered under the Maltese flag with over 19 million GRT.
The procedure for the registration of a ship is well defined and relatively straight forward. Details of this operation can be found in a brochure issued by the Malta Maritime Authority and also from HMS.
H. Mifsud Shipping Ltd. has an active role in this sector by providing several services to foreign ship owners. These services include the following:
- Requirements for provisional registration.
- Documents to be submitted during provisional registration.
- Bareboat charter registration.
- The requirements for bareboat charter registration.
- Closure of registry.
- Fees and taxes for registration.
- Company formation.
- Survey & Classification service.
N.B. Fees for certificates & services can be obtained from H. Mifsud Shipping Ltd on request.
HMS Ltd has a record of being one of the leading firms in Malta which has been entrusted, by important ship owners with the registration of their vessels.